Our main goal at The Altar is to help educate our brides when it comes to finding their perfect dress. Knowing the different silhouettes of dresses is important as you shop as this will the first thing we will be focusing on at your appointment. The best part of shopping with us is being able to take home your dress the SAME DAY!! With over 5,000 dresses between our 2 locations, you are sure to find your dream dress at and affordable price!
Inspired by the mythical creature, this gown hugs all your curves and then usually flares out at the knees.
Fit & Flare
This style of dress has many names, but this shape is easily identifiable by the way it is fitted through the torso and then flares out at the hips.
Perfect for any princess, this gown is famous for it's massive skirt size. It's usually gathered at the waist.
Like the name implies, this dress gradually flares out from the waist. Unlike the ballgown, it has less skirt volume and is not gathered at the waist.
Also called column, this kind of dress does not have a flared skirt, instead, it falls straight off the hips.
If you want to add a little historical flair to your big day, this gown is perfect. It is known for flaring out under the bust rather than the waist.
What to Expect
Here's what you should expect when you visit our stores!
- We carry sizes 0-34.
- Everything is off the rack! No need to wait 6-8 months to receive your gown! You can come in and get your gown all in the same day.
- We have over 3,500 gowns between our three stores, we truly believe we have something for everyone.
- Over 90% of all of our gowns are unowned, unaltered sample gowns.
- We have in-house alteration teams with years of experience in bridal.
- You will have an educated and passionate stylist to help assist you in your dress shopping experience. She is here to be your advocate, your best friend, and to put your worries at ease. They don't make commission, so it is a laid-back and pressure-free environment.